Situation Update 2: Peaceful solutions have been devised, though border skirmishes continue to occur
- 24th September 1986
Several border skirmishes have been recorded, and even one tape leaked.
Casualties count range anywhere from 500 soldiers to 2000. So far, by images and tapes, it has been ROS forces that are largely successful.
A story told by a survivor of Battle Of Bridge No. 2 reads:
"I got separated from my squad as I was running across the small stream that separated one part from the other, I eventually got to the road, there were around 2 T-80U tanks already there, though I was the first infantryman to charge into battle.
I saw a squad, well... er-, a group would be more fitting. The group was standing dead ahead, in the middle of the road, moving here and there. It was unsettling when we started to take shots, around 4 of us, I killed the entire group, like 4 or 5 people. They probably weren't even 20 yet, let alone qualified for military service. As a matter of fact, I'd like to say they probably haven't gone through any type of training...
After, I charged ahead and went into an empty backyard area, there was a house with a ladder so I climbed up, due to visibility being horrible. I crouched beside some boxes and laid my AK on the pile of sandbags, and I could clearly see maybe 3 to 5 "kids" of soldiers, and, they saw me, so, one fired, and, in response, I emptied maybe 10 rounds into them, they laid there, motionless after, before even more soldiesr ran across the road and peeking by the houses next to them. I kept shooting, eventually I emptied the magazine and had to reload.
By that time, there were maybe 2 kids left, and when I was done with the reload, they were dead. Finished off by friendlies. Our objective was the take a relatively large building housing ammunition and communiciations equipment, and that objective was taken care of, so I advanced, and the amount of dead bodies, mostly of their soldiers...
We lost only around 10 that fight, I was told. I continued to fight, but I got shot - twice. Right in the chest. Luckily the standard-issue bulletproof vests managed to stop the rounds, but damn, it hurt."
Battle Of Bridge No. 2 resulted in 44 ROS casualties, but a body count of 299 for opposing forces.
Comments
Post a Comment